Sunday, May 15, 2011

Almost 19 weeks!

And almost time for the next ultrasound! We go in the 24th for that, we're both really excited. This is the one where they could be able to tell what the sex is, but we aren't going to find out. I can't wait to see Baby C though! I can feel the little bugger moving around quite a bit now, it's definitely a strange feeling. But I like knowing that someone is in there. :) The baby isn't big enough for Jared to feel it moving too, but that isn't very far away!

Since I know so many people that are having babies this year, I decided that I'm making their presents. It's cheaper than buying all sorts of stuff, plus I figure that since I'm excited about my homemade stuff they will probably like it too. I started a blanket today, and this is a picture of it so far.
It's basically a bunch of little squares made into big squares made into a blanket. This is one of the big squares - four little squares stitched together with a border. It's about 11x11, so we'll see how many I need to make. Probably two of these by 3, because I'm putting a border around the whole thing too. Should be big enough. And, it's all really easy too. I did this square today. The only stitches you need to know are double crochet, chain stitch, and a slip stitch. All pretty basic. I got a pattern for a basic granny square online, and then just used a bunch of different colors. The border is double crochet all the way around. I think it's going to be cute. :)

Aaaaand.... The picture! Quite the bump. :) Definitely wearing maternity clothes now!


1 comment:

  1. Omg you're one week from half way!! :) Crazy! I definetly can tell a difference in your bump from two weeks ago. So cute!! :)

    What cool gift ideas. Homemade is more thoughtful... in a way... I think.

    ReplyDelete