Monday, February 21, 2011

This is what we made for my parents. They loved it! I handed my mom the package, and she was like "Oooo, what's this?" Then she opened it and started reading, and once she figured out what it was, she got really quiet, looked up, and asked "Really??" Then she handed it to my dad and got all teary and started clapping, and my dad had a giant grin on his face. It was fun. :)

We're making something for Jared's parents too, but that one isn't done yet so once it is I'll get a picture of that one too. We told them over Skype. We said hello and were chatting, and then Jared said, "Hang on, someone else wants to say hello too." They thought we had gotten another pet, but Jared covered up the webcam and when he uncovered it again I was holding a word balloon next to my stomach that said "Hi Grandma and Grandpa!" There was definitely some shouting coming from their side. :)

Both sets of parents are excited, my mom has called to see how I'm doing, and Jared's mom naturally calls 10,000 times a day. She and Jerry actually came up last weekend to buy us a crib! It isn't set up yet, it's still in the box in the extra room. We have to figure out what we're doing with the futon before we do anything else. We have plenty of time for that though. :)

In other pregnancy news, morning sickness blows. And when they say morning sickness, they really mean feel like crap 24/7. I basically feel like I'm about to throw up all of the time. Hasn't actually happened yet, but sometimes I wish it would just so I would feel better for a little while. Only 5-6 more weeks of this. *Sigh*

Also, it would seem that apple is not my friend. I always keep a box of instant oatmeal in my desk at work, and the current flavor was Apple & Cinnamon. I made some the other day, but had to throw most of it out because it was grossing me out. The next day, I someone else made some, and the smell made me want to hurl more than usual. Needless to say, I gave away that box of oatmeal. I'm going to give Maple & Brown Sugar a shot, hopefully that one doesn't bother me too much. Today it was apple juice. I read that drinking something sugary helps with morning sickness, so I thought I would try some apple juice. Mistake. I opened it up and the smell was overpowering. I made myself drink some of it because I know it's good for me, but it tasted terrible. So that came home to Jared, and he had to drink it where I couldn't smell it. I was also seriously grossed out by my tomato soup today (which makes me sad because I love tomato soup), and black pepper isn't a good thing either.

As miserable as I am with all of this going on, at least I know that there's a little one in there that is the cause of it all. :)

Pregnancy tip #3: Keep some saltines next to bed so you can eat them before you even get up in the morning. It helps postpone the queazy a little bit. Also, keep lots of ice cream in the freezer. That stuff never tastes bad!

1 comment:

  1. O no Michelle...that sucks. It must be weird being soo sensitive to random things especially things that you used to love so much. Josh's mom actually had the same reaction to apples during her pregnacy and after she ended up being allergic to apples (she can only eat them if they're cooked)...weird huh? Hopefully that doesn't happen to you. Hopefully you start feeling better soon. :)

    That's soo cute how you told your guys parents. :) I always thought it would be fun to give a present of some sort like baby clothes or a rattle or something and have them be like "what?". Ha. It sounds like they're super excited...that's great!!

    I'm excited to see more updates as you progress ... you might need some pics of your belly as you get bigger. :P

    ReplyDelete